Friday, February 19, 2010

New Website!

Ever since I started my photography business 2 years ago, I've always wanted a cool website.  Since I have absolutely NO HTML language training and really have no idea how all this internet stuff works, I knew I was going to need some serious help.  I spent  a RIDICULOUS amount of time researching websites, web hosts, pricing and different designs.  Once I found one I thought I liked, I would find another that was better.  I just couldn't decide what I wanted.  I picked out this website design about 3 months ago and I just kept coming back to it.  FINALLY, I pulled the trigger and got it.

So for the past week or so, I've been  going through all of my portfolio searching for the images I wanted to put on the website.  You never really realize how many pictures you take until you have to look through them all!!  Yikes!  It took a LONG TIME!

I added my favorites to the website and then spent time designing, finding the right music, and swapping out logos.  Finally after several hours of work, I came up with this....

http://www.pinkdaffodilphoto.com/


I've owned pinkdaffodilphoto.com for 2 years now, and I'm so excited to be using it! Waaahoooo!!

A special thanks to my hubby and kids for being so patient with me this week while I worked on this!

And thanks to NICOLE HUDSON for the AWESOME logo design.  Her business name is Cellar Door Creative Design...just incase you were wondering.  She seriously ROCKS!  Thanks Nicole!!!!

Thanks to Denise Harkey an amazing photographer who was my "emotional support" and provided a second opinion on all the designs.  Thanks Denise!

Appreciate all of YOU, my CLIENTS!  You guys are AWESOME!  Because of all of you, I get to stay at home with my kids and still do something I LOVE every day.  THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Here's to the new website and the new logo!

I can't wait to hear what everyone thinks!

2 comments:

Denise said...

I LOVE IT Erin!!! You did an Amazing Job and your Very Welcome for the "emotional support". That's what friends are for and I will always be there as you are always here for me.

Brooklyn said...

Love the logo! It's very classy.